RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN
• All dogs over 16 weeks of age
• 1 collar weighing 27.5g and 72cm in length
9% Amitraz 90g/kg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS
Fit the collar to the dog so that 2 or 3 fingers can be easily inserted between the collar and the dog’s neck. The collar may irritate the dog’s skin if attached too tightly.
• Cut off and dispose of any excess length of collar.
• It will take up to 48 hours before the dog is protected (it takes 24-48 hours for the amitraz to migrate over the dog’s body).
• Once applied, do not remove Preventic (except while bathing or swimming as water will reduce the efficacy of the collar) since the continual dosage of Amitraz will be interrupted.
• Daily tick searches in paralysis tick areas are highly recommended for dogs.
• Preventic is recommended for dogs from 16 weeks of age.
• Amitraz is toxic if accidentally ingested. Immediate veterinary attention is required.
• Reapply a new Preventic collar every 8 weeks.
The paralysis tick produces a toxin that can cause paralysis in cats and dogs. Tick paralysis occurs most commonly in the spring and summer months. Some animals are more sensitive than others to the toxin
The signs to watch for are if your dogs tail isn't wagging ie he's not a happy dog, if he is unable to bark or swallow properly or becomes wobbly and unable to walk. If let untreated the dog will be unable to breathe and die, sadly every year more than one thousand dogs die following poisioning so treatment is important.